Blackboard Tutorials
Blackboard Collaborate
Blackboard Mobile
Other Resources
Quick Tips
About Us
Contact Us

Contact Us

Blackboard Regular Maintenance Window:

Weekly updates are applied each Friday morning from 2:00 AM – 6:00 AM.

During this time frame your activities may be disrupted. Use caution working in Blackboard during the maintenance window and refrain from high risk activities such as taking or building quizzes/tests.

Need help? If you have additional questions or need further assistance with Blackboard, please contact your assigned instructional designer.

If you are experiencing a problem with Blackboard after hours, you can contact the TSC at (540) 224-1599 or toll-free at 1-800-354-1599

JCHS Faculty/Staff

Authorized faculty and staff at JCHS may also submit and track the progress of incident reports or requests for academic services through Edison. 

Link to Edison

Upon logging into Edison, you should notice the "Request Services" menu item. After selecting this item, you will see the "Academic Services Request" link. Academic services includes requests for copying course content, adding enrollments, and training. This functionality was designed to ensure requests are easy to submit, status updates are readily available, and communication is improved for all parties.

This option works similar to shopping online in that you as the user can add a request to your cart and view the details pertaining to the request as needed. Details provided include the Academic Technologies team member assigned to your request, notes from the team member pertaining to your request, and status updates. You will also receive notifications via your Carilion email.

See the following pdf documents for more detailed instructions on how to use Edison.

Additional notes:

  • The “Report an Issue” option is used to report broken hardware, software errors and printing issues.
  • "Access Requests" are used to request access to Carilion and Jefferson College applications, such as Blackboard and Exchange, as well as S:drive access. Each departmental secretary has been trained on how to submit Academic Requests and can do so for your department. Areas without departmental secretaries should work with the secretary or administrative assistant for the Dean or Chair that your department reports through to the CAT level. Please visit InsideCarilion for more information about submitting an Access Request.